The Quality Control (QC) Supervisor is responsible for the successful development, implementation, process documentation, and oversight of the QC department and Quality Management System (QMS) companywide. This position will monitor, improve, and control quality of all product assembly to meet and exceed customer expectations, to ensure the delivery of quality products, to validate accuracy of incoming and outgoing parts, and to oversee company document control. The ideal QC Supervisor has extensive experience in QC, document control (including product manuals, build documents, part drawings, ECRs, ECOs, and ECNs), incoming and outgoing part inspections, testing, calibration, and labeling/shipping practices. The QC Supervisor will lead an effective team working with every department in the company to build and deploy the QC program.
Quality Control Supervisor
Full Time Exempt
- At least three years of progressive experience in a QC
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or work experience equivalent.
- In conjunction with the CEO, Director of R&D, GM, and department managers, develop a Quality Control department to control the quality of production efforts.
- Execute on the company vision of the QC department by coordinating, implementing, and directing the plan companywide.
- Monitor and evaluate the current methods and procedures of production and suggest improvements in their functioning. Perform detailed analysis relating to the causes of deviation and implement a plan to mitigate issues to ensure consistently accurate and quality products.
- Develop and implement an inspection analysis system that sets standardized inspection criteria, ensuring consistent processes across the company.
- Develop new/strengthen existing QC policies and procedures, process controls, and inspection methods ensuring specifications and requirements are met. This effort will be in conjunction with department managers/subject matter experts. Update and maintain these documents as required/necessary.
- Verify raw materials, purchased parts or components, and finished products meet established testing and inspection standards for inhouse production and outside vendors.
- Develop and implement a standard operating procedure, in conjunction with department managers, to issue corrective action plans to outside vendors for outsourced parts that do not meet KRI standards/specifications. The goal of this procedure is to hold outside vendors accountable for errors in production of purchased parts or components and to correct errors/mistakes in a timely manner.
- Communicate QC information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, and contractors.
- Build appropriate flexibility into the QC program and instruct/train staff in QC and analytical procedures.
- Analyze QC test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management.
- Produce reports regarding production quality, nonconformance of products or processes, and quality trends.
- Implement audits throughout the company ensuring quality standards and company policies and specifications are met.
- Collaborate with managers and staff to identify and resolve issues with products delivered to customers.
- In conjunction with department managers, and depending on each task’s varying degree of completion, establish/strengthen and implement standard operating procedures for the following:
- ECR/ECO/ECN workflow.
- Parts Drawings, BOMs, Build Document, Product Manual maintenance/updates.
- Audit/control/review system for the aforementioned documents.
- Labeling product package components, including spare parts kits.
- Incoming/Outgoing parts inspections.
- Maintenance schedules for testing/calibration of tools and machines in the machine shop.
- Ion source and power supply testing documentation/file management.
- Testing procedures already established and implemented.
- Refine and maintain centralized digital location for all current/accurate build documents, parts drawings, product manuals, etc.
- Identify incorrect/obsolete documents and organize them in a detailed digital archive system.
- Work with Marketing department to achieve consistent document uniformity/branding companywide.
- Review studies, advances, and trends to stay abreast of issues and best practices in the field of QC. Continually strive for optimization of processes and procedures with the expectation of ISO certification/compliance on the horizon.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Motivated self-starter. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong technical writing skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and judgment skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent social perceptiveness, integrity, and self-control. Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Service oriented persuasion, negotiation, and mediation skills.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing process workflow.
- Thorough understanding of inspection, testing, calibration analysis.
- Thorough understanding of document control systems, particularly QMS.
- Demonstrates time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Thorough understanding of ISO/ISO 9001, 3TG, REACH, NRTL, etc. is desirable.
- Proficiency in ERP/MRP software and the Microsoft Office suite is desirable.
- Knowledge of ion source and electronics is desirable.
- Indoor work.
- Noisy in vacuum chamber area. Heavy equipment hazards and tool usage.
- Required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands.
- Ability to type, grasp, twist, and squat.
- Able to lift +/- 50 pounds on occasion.
- 401(K) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance