Responsible for developing product drawings and technical instructional manuals companywide. Using computer-aided design software, the CAD & Manual Controls Assistant Technician partners with subject matter experts (SMEs) in each department to create, test, store, organize, maintain, and deliver on time to deadlines.
January 7, 2022
Scope of Responsibilities
- Work with CAD systems creating, modifying, and releasing models and drawings for use by other departments and customers.
- Utilize CAD programs & Adobe Suite to generate technical instructional manuals consistent with company-wide design standards.
- Consult with department SMEs to ensure the technical accuracy of instruction manuals.
- Maintain an organized file system for instruction manuals and production drawings.
- Update existing instruction manuals consistent with companywide design standards.
- Sketch rough layout of machines and computes angles, weights, surface area, dimension, clearances, and tolerances for KRI products.
- Communicate with electronics, sources, machine shop, sales, and marketing regarding new and revised prints.
- Work from rough sketches and specifications created by electronics and sources department.
- Self-check own work and the work of others for completeness, accuracy, compliance to standards, fits, and stack-ups.
- Create and revise various types of technical documents.
- Contribute to Engineering Change (ECN or ECO) process.
- Execute tasks prioritized by supervisor with weekly reporting of activities.
Skills and Qualifications
Knowledge and Abilities
- Solidworks or equivalent 3D CAD proficiency; AutoCAD a plus
- Experience in layout of technical documentation
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Willingness to assume increased responsibilities when presented
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize assigned tasks and push through to completion
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents
- Basic understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to write informative materials
- Ability to use and learn multiple computer software programs and systems
- Attention to detail
- Understanding the audience of each type of document Microsoft Office skills
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, including file management
- Knowledge of ion source spare parts
- Ability to learn and use scientific equipment terminology
- Ability to manage, organize and secure a number of large documents
- High school diploma
- Formal 3D CAD (Solidworks), CNC training or equivalent experience
- Prefer 2-4 years’ experience in the industry, will train right person
- Works under general supervision
- Indoor air-conditioned open office setting. Noise level low
- Required to sit, stand, walk and use hands.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position.